Why Millions of people love wearing contact lenses!
- Contact lenses offer freedom from wearing
glasses – they look more natural and give you an unobstructed view.
- Contact lenses are not affected by fogging
especially in winter or when playing spots, or rain and are unlikely to get
- You can wear your choice of sunglasses with
- Contact lenses can be removed at any time
but surgery is generally irreversible and you may still need glasses after
- Almost anyone can wear contact lenses
whether you are long- or shortsighted or have astigmatism. You also get bifocal
or multifocal contact lenses for people who need different lens powers for
distance and close work.
- A contact lens is soft to touch – much like
a drop of water on the eye, and therefore are very comfortable to wear.
- Having spectacle frames slip down your nose
or leave marks on your nose and your ears can be avoided. Perspiration make it
easier for frames to slip down your nose and this can also happen in hot, humid
- Spectacle frames can easily slip when you
run or bend forward to pick something up.
- Spectacle lenses can be very thick and make
your eyes look larger or smaller than normal.
- Spectacles reduce your field of view – with
contact lenses you have a wider field of view which makes driving safer.
- Contact Lenses move with your eyes so the
best focus always stay in front of the eye – there is no restrictions caused by
- You will be able to read without wearing
- Short sighted people will have the
advantage of better vision because images are larger with contact lenses.
- Contact lenses are great for sailing or
just being near the sea when sea spray can be a problem with spectacles.
- Water skiing is much safer in contact
lenses due to clearer splatter free vision.
- Scuba diving and snorkeling are much better
with a face mask worn over contact lenses.
- For contact sports contact lenses is a
better option as you get better side vision with contact lenses.
- Wearing ski goggles is much easier when
wearing contact lenses.
- In work situations requiring eye protection
contact lenses are superior. They will fit more easily under protective goggles
or welding masks.
- Coloured contact lenses can provide the
option of a desirable variation in eye colour.
- Photographs of spectacle wearers can be a
disaster with eyes hidden by reflections and/or shadows.
- Wearing eye make-up looks better because
the effects created by the make-up are not hidden by spectacle frames and
- Photography and using binoculars are easier
when viewing through the camera or binocular.
- People who work in a hospital or scientific
laboratory find it easier to use a microscope when wearing contact lenses.
- It is easier to apply make-up when wearing
contact lenses for people who are long-sighted.
- From their head down position through
sunglasses, cyclists riding racing bikes find contact lenses give them clearer
- Irritation from smoke is reduced by soft
- Contact lenses protect the eyes from
stinging when cutting onions.